Vanguard (vænˌɡɑːd) n
• the leading division or units of a military force
• the leading position in any movement or field, or the people who occupy such a position: the vanguard of modern literature
How well do you know Spartan Games? Have you waged war with multiple fleets in 1870? Do you hold the balance of power in the Outer Reach? Were your war vessels victorious in the Darnak Cluster? And do you enjoy showing others how to be victorious with our games?
Then perhaps you have what it takes to join the Spartan Vanguards.
Spartan Vanguards are individuals who volunteer their time to demonstrate games from Spartan Games at shows, clubs and stores. Spartan Vanguards own at least two forces of at least one of the games produced by Spartan Games and don’t mind showing them off. Spartan Vanguards can represent just one, or more games. They have a great knowledge of the games, but also enjoy benefits of being part of this exclusive club.
What benefits do Spartan Vanguards enjoy?
- The prestige of being a member of this exclusive scheme.
- 20% off products in the Spartan Games Online Store
- Money off in the Spartan Games Online Store every time you show our games, which can be combined with the 20% off discount
- Exclusive scheme-branded merchandise such as shirts and badges, and other event support.
- Status as a member of the Spartan Vanguards in the Spartan Games Community, and access to a dedicated Spartan Vanguards area.
- Occasional opportunities to playtest rules still in development.
What is asked of the Spartan Vanguards?
- The ability to demonstrate a good knowledge and appreciation of the rulesets and games you wish to demonstrate.
- You must own at least two painted fleets of the games you wish to demonstrate. The models must be painted to a high quality.
- A commitment to show the games you wish to demonstrate at least four times per year, although more is better.
- You will need an e-mail address and a Spartan Games Community account as this is where most communications will occur.
- You will be asked to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement to allow Spartan Games to share information with you about unreleased products. You will be informed when the information will be publicly released by Spartan Games and you will not be permitted to share such information with anyone else until it is publicly released.
- And most importantly, you must commit to show games in a professional and interesting way to those you are presenting to. This means that you need to be knowledgeable, courteous and conduct yourself in a business-like way. You may refer questions to Spartan Games so you do not need to know everything, but you must behave in a way that reflects the quality Spartan Games continually endeavours to deliver to its customers.
How do I apply?
- Complete the online application below.
- You must provide an image of yourself, along with images of at least two painted Spartan Games’ fleets for the game(s) you wish to show. For example, if you’re applying to show Dystopian Wars and Firestorm Armada, you must provide images of at least four painted fleets, two from each game.
Please fill in all of the required fields: