Vanguard (vænˌɡɑːd) n
• the leading division or units of a military force
• the leading position in any movement or field, or the people who occupy such a position: the vanguard of modern literature
How well do you know our games? Have you waged war with different fleets in 1870? Did you supplement the power of your force in the Outer Reach with Escorts and Heavy Cruisers? Were your war vessels victorious in the Darnak Cluster? And do you enjoy showing others how to be victorious with our games?
Then perhaps you have what it takes to join the Spartan Vanguards.
Spartan Vanguards are individuals and small groups who volunteer their time to demonstrate our games at shows, clubs and stores. Spartan Vanguards own at least two fleets of at least one of our games and don’t mind showing them off. Spartan Vanguards can represent just one, or more of our games. They have a great knowledge of our games, but also enjoy benefits of being part of this exclusive group.
What benefits do Spartan Vanguards enjoy?
- The prestige of being a member of this exclusive scheme.
- 20% off products in the Spartan Games online store (excluding Battle Foam bags and Mega Bundles)
- Reward points every time you show our games, which can be used towards purchases in the Spartan Games online store.
- Early notification of new product releases and the opportunity to purchase them from our online store before the products are released to other store customers.
- Exclusive scheme-branded merchandise such as shirts and caps.
- Status as a member of Spartan Vanguards on the Spartan Games Community, and access to a dedicated Spartan Vanguards area.
- Occasional opportunities to play test rules that are still in development.
What do we ask of our Spartan Vanguards?
- The ability to demonstrate a good knowledge and appreciation of our game(s) and the rules.
- You must own at least two painted fleets. The models must be painted to a high quality.
- A commitment to show our game(s) at least 4 times per year. More is better and you will receive rewards when you show our games.
- You will need an email address because almost all our communications with you will be via email.
- We will ask you to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement so that we can share information with you about unreleased products. We are sharing this so that you can plan expansion of your own fleets. We will tell you when the information will be publicly released by us and you must not share this information with anyone else until it is publicly released.
- And most importantly, you must commit to show our games in a way that is professional and interesting to those looking at the games. This means that you need to be knowledgeable, courteous and conduct yourself in a business-like way. You can refer questions to us so you don’t need to know everything there is to know, but you must behave in a way that reflects the quality we continually endeavour to deliver to our customers.
How do I apply?
- Complete the online application below.
- You will need to provide images of yourself with at least two painted Spartan Games’ fleets for the game(s) you wish to show. In other words, if you’re applying to show both Uncharted Seas and Dystopian Wars, you will need to provide images of at least four painted fleets, two from each game.
Want to take the form away and have a think about some of your answers before submitting an application? You may find this PDF version of the Spartan Vanguards Online Application Form useful. However, please be aware that final applications have to be made via the online form.
Please fill in all of the required fields: